All new Employees will need to complete Criminal, FBI and Child Abuse Clearances before starting. The instructions for completing these Clearances are as follows:
Child Abuse Clearance:
- Navigate your web browser to https://www.compass.state.pa.us/cwis/public/home and either log in or create an Individual Account
- Complete the form application, marking “foster care” as reason for application. Be certain to provide all information requested. Failure to provide all information will prolong the process significantly.
- Once logged in, click on “Create Clearance Application” and complete the Application.
- During the Application, you will choose your delivery method. Please choose electronic delivery for faster verification.
- Print the Clearance Certificate and provide it to your supervisor.
- Navigate your web browser to: https://epatch.state.pa.us/Home.jsp
- Select “Submit a New Record Check”. The record check is $8.00 payable by credit/debit card.
- Review the information and if agreeable, select “Accept”
- Provide information according to prompts. “Reason for Record Check” select “Foster Care”.
- At the end, you will be able to print a certificate. Please make note of your CONTROL NUMBER and the date you submitted the request. This will allow you to access the clearance at a later date if necessary.
- Provide a copy of the clearance to your supervisor.
- Navigate your web browser to: https://www.pa.cogentid.com/index_dpwNew.htm. You want to make sure you are completing the clearance for the Department of Public Welfare.
- Select register online and follow prompts. When registering, there is a fee of $25.75 payable by credit/debit card. Reason for the request is “Foster Care”
- At the end, you will need to make record of your registration number (take a picture, print the number, e mail it, take a screen shot, etc.).
- Identify the closest finger printing location. You can find locations at https://www.pa.cogentid.com/index_dpw.htm. Please note the hours of the locations and that some locations are by appointment only.
- When going to have your finger prints taken you will need government issued identification and the registration number. If you wish to obtain a receipt that your prints were taken, it will cost you $1.00 at the finger print site.
- Your clearance form will be mailed to your house. As soon as you receive the form, please show your supervisor the original clearance. Your supervisor may then make a copy, but MUST view the original for it to be valid.
C.A.R.E.S is a drug free work place and required pre-employment drug screening at the following locations:
St. Luke’s Care Now
Address: 1104 North St, Jim Thorpe, PA 18229
Hours: 8:00 am – 8:00 pm
Walk in Clinic
Address: 6998 Crider Road, Mars, PA 16046
Hours: 8:00 am – 8:00 pm
1613 North Atherton St, Suite B
State College, PA 16803