After an offer of employment is made, all prospective employees will need to provide a Child Abuse Clearance, PA Criminal Clearance, FBI Clearance, Physical Exam with Mantoux Text and Drug Screen. Please see below for instructions to complete these requirements.
CHILD ABUSE CLEARANCE:
- Navigate your web browser to https://www.compass.state.pa.us/cwis/public/home and either log in or create an Individual Account
- Complete the form application, marking “foster care” as reason for application. Be certain to provide all information requested. Failure to provide all information will prolong the process significantly.
- Once logged in, click on “Create Clearance Application” and complete the Application.
- During the Application, you will choose your delivery method. Please choose electronic delivery for faster verification.
- Print the Clearance Certificate and provide it to your supervisor.
- Navigate your web browser to: https://epatch.state.pa.us/Home.jsp
- Select “Submit a New Record Check”. The record check is $22.00 payable by credit/debit card.
- Review the information and if agreeable, select “Accept”
- Provide information according to prompts. “Reason for Record Check” select “Foster Care”.
- At the end, you will be able to print a certificate. Please make note of your CONTROL NUMBER and the date you submitted the request. This will allow you to access the clearance at a later date if necessary.
- Provide a copy of the clearance to your supervisor.
- Navigate your web browser to https://uenroll.identogo.com/
- Enter service code 1KG71B and Click “GO”
- Click Schedule or Manage Appointment and enter all of your information.
- Click Next and enter the Employer information (Main office for region that you were hired)
- Click Next and enter your Citizenship Information
- Click Next and answer the Personal Questions
- Click Next and answer the Personal info
- Click Next and enter your Address
- Click Next and Select “Driver’s License issued by a State or outlying possession of the US
- Select the Enrollment center closest to you.
- Select a date and time that work for your schedule and hit submit.
- Attend appointment at scheduled time, being sure to bring your Driver’s License and a credit card or debit card or money order for $22.60.
- Once you receive your clearance, please provide original to your supervisor.
All prospective employees are required to have a physical examination and Mantoux test after being offered a position with CARES and prior to attending orientation. CARES must receive results of the physical examination and Mantoux test prior to orientation. Physical examination results will be kept confidential. The initial physical examination is at the expense of the individual. There is a reduced rate at St. Luke’s CareNow for prospective CARES employees, however individuals can choose what physician they would like to perform the physical examination.
Click here https://www.slhn.org/care-now/locations for St. Luke’s CareNow locations.
This form should be used for the physical examination. All physical examinations must include:
- General physical examination
- Mantoux test
- Clearance to perform the essential functions of the job as indicated in the job description
- Statement indicating the individual is free from communicable diseases or is aware of the precautions necessary to protect others
- Signature of Physician
PRE-EMPLOYMENT DRUG SCREENS
C.A.R.E.S. is a drug free work place. Pre-employment drug screens are required prior to being scheduled for orientation. The locations listed below are the only approved providers for your pre-employment drug screen.
CARES Northeastern PA
St Luke’s CareNow – https://www.slhn.org/care-now/locations
CARES Central PA
1613 North Atherton St, Suite B
State College PA 16803
CARES Western PA
MedExpress – Walk-In Clinic
6998 Crider Road
Mars PA 16046
Please contact Human Resources at 570-225-7360 with any questions.